Rituals Followed In Navratri
Each day of Navratri has some rituals, which are followed by all the devotees of Goddess Durga. Read the below described points to know the significance of each day.
- 1st – 3rd day : On the 1st day, a bed of mud is prepared and barley seeds are grown on it. This is known as ‘Ghatsthapana’. These three days are dedicated to Maa Durga.
- 4th – 6th day of Navratri : These days are dedicated to the Devi of knowledge and prosperity, Maa Lakshmi.
- 7th – 8th day of Navratri : Saraswati Mata is worshipped during these days. Devotees worship the Goddess to gain wisdom and knowledge. Yagna (holy fire) is performed on the 8th day of Navratri. Eighth day of Navratri is popularly known as ‘Ashtami’. On this day, nine young girls are worshiped. This ritual of honoring and serving these girls with sacred food is termed as ‘Kanjak’. These girls represent the Goddess Durga.
- Mahanavami : Navratri ends with the observance of Mahanavami. Some people conduct Kanya Pujan or Kanjak on this day.
The Real jewels for pooja
This Navratri, worship Maa Durga with complete devotion and enthusiasm. We have make sure that you don’t miss out any of the essentials needed for Navratri Puja. To know the Puja materials for this Navratri, check out the following points:
- Shingar items for Maa Durga include red bangles, bindi, sindoor, red chunri, mehndi, kajal, red lipstick, anklets, mirror and nail polish.
- Lamp (Diya) which is burns throughout the Navratri days . It is known as Akhand jyot which wards off all the evil spirits.
- Coconut with its thin edge toward the temple.
- Kalash (earthen pot) is kept which is kept in the Puja room. It is filled with 5 Suparis (betel nuts), water, rice, sugar and a coin. A red color sacred thread is tied on the Kalash.
Bhog For 9 Days
The nine different forms of Goddess Durga are served up with different Bhogas (food) for all the nine days. Here are the Bhogas for all the nine days.
1st day : Ghee is offered to Goddess Shailputri
2nd day : Sugar is offered to Maa Brahmacharini
3rd day : Milk/ sweets prepared from milk/ kheer
4th day : Malpua
5th day : Banana
6th day : Honey
7th day : Jaggery (Gur)
8th day :Coconut
9th day : Til (sesame seeds)
How can we miss out his grand celebration of Navratri in 2015 without discussing the dishes for these nine days. Devotees of Durga offer prayers to the goddess and observe fast to invoke her blessings. While strict observers consume only fruits and milk; whereas, partial observers consume on the following ravishing delicacies:
- Kutu Paratha/ Pakora
- Rajasi Aaloo
- Sabudana Kheer/Vada/Tikki
- Fruit raita/ fruits
- Arbi Laziz
- Vrat ke chawal
- Makhana/ Dry fruits
- Coconut/ coconut milk
- Milk and milk products prepared at home
Food To Be Avoided During Navratri
During Navratri, several food items are avoided by the people observing fast. These food items are:
- Onion and garlic
- Legumes and lentils Common salt is not used and in place of it rock salt (sendha namak) is used.
- Turmeric (haldi), fenugreek seeds (methi dana), asafoetida (hing), mustard (sarson or rai), dhania powder (coriander powder) and garam masala
- Alcohol and non-vegetarian food
Popular Navratri Songs
Double up the celebrations this Navratri in 2015, with some of the very popular Navratri songs:
- Aao Meri Sherawali Maa
- Ambe Tu Hai Jagdambe Kali
- Aaja Maa Tenu Akhiyan Udik Diya
- Aaja Maa Ghar Mere
Colors To Wear On Each Day
Navratri is not only the time to offer prayers to Maa Durga, but is also the time to wear nine different colors. Have a look at each of these colors and make your Navratri 2015 different, ethnic, and colorful.
Day 9 : Purple
Note: If you know of somebody who is in urgent requirement for occupation, sympathetic allude andekafundaa.com, its a site for skilled individuals to showcase their ability, get gratefulness, and get remunerated/paid for it, help humankind.
Andekafundaa.com, is free for gifted clients who is a house wife, working, school going, consultants, and individuals who needs to gain more, whether you are singér, dance expert, marketing specialist, it bolster, musical artists, editor, interpreter, dietitian, QA, web engineer, planner, programming designer, photographic artist, tattoo creator, painter, Automobiles master, illustrators, voice over craftsman, seo, smm, web promoting, dj, feature supervisor, mentor
Extraordinary open door for everybody who needs to showcase their ability and gain additional cash